Rider-To-Rider Financing (it’s EASY!)
PRIVATE PARTY PRE-OWNED HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLE LOANS
Through the Harley-Davidson Rider-to-Rider Financing Program*, financing is available to qualified individuals who are buying a used motorcycle from a private party. We can help you obtain financing and give you peace of mind knowing Harley-Davidson experts are involved in your sale.
FINANCING BENEFITS FOR THE BUYER
Have you decided to buy a used Harley-Davidson® motorcycle and need to obtain financing to complete the sale? We can help.
- Competitive financing rates and terms available
- All buyers considered
- Ability to include additional Harley-Davidson® branded products and services (Harley-Davidson® Extended Service Plan, Parts & Accessories, Harley-Davidson® MotorClothes® Accessories) when you finance your motorcycle through us to the amount financed
- Opportunity to have the bike inspected and receive a maintenance check prior to purchase
Get Pre-Approved in seconds with NO Impact to your credit score:
Questions? Contact Us
FINANCING BENEFITS FOR THE SELLER
Expand the pool of potential buyers for your motorcycle by offering them a financing option to help complete the sale. Let the H-D® dealer quickly and easily handle the processing of all paperwork (e.g. title transfer, bill of sale, loan contract, etc.) and applicable factory warranties, plus assist you with your current loan payoff (if applicable).
Questions? Contact Us
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO AS THE BUYER?
- Complete our Online Pre-Approval (take seconds, NO impact to your credit score!)
- Contact us to confirm your VIP appointment.
- Either online ahead of your appointment or in-person during your VIP Appointment, complete our full credit application.
- Once the credit application has been approved, we will visually inspect the motorcycle, verify all paperwork is completed correctly, and ensure (if applicable) all factory warranties are properly transferred.
- To complete the sale you need to provide:
- Valid state or federal government photo identification
- Proof of physical damage insurance (we can help you acquire insurance if needed)
- Down payment via cash, check or credit card
- You may also need to provide:
- Proof of income (e.g. W2 or current paycheck stub)
- Proof of residence (e.g. utility bill, mortgage loan statement)
- Take delivery of your motorcycle.
WHAT DO I NEED AS THE SELLER?
- Contact us to discuss how the H-D Rider-to-Rider Financing Program can help you.
- Let your buyer know that competitive financing rates and terms are available to them through us.
- Recommend your buyer complete our Online Pre-Approval (take seconds, NO impact to your credit score!)
- Bring in the Harley-Davidson motorcycle being sold along with your valid identification, title and/or current loan information. (If you have a joint loan account both account holders must be present or a notarized release from parties not present providing permission to sell must be presented at time of transaction).
- Once your buyer’s credit application has been approved, we will visually inspect the motorcycle, verify all paperwork is completed correctly, and ensure (if applicable) all factory warranties are properly transferred.
- Confirm delivery of bike to your buyer.
- Receive a check from us for the sale of your motorcycle.
AS THE SELLER, IT SOUNDS LIKE I’M TRADING IN MY BIKE AND THE DEALERSHIP IS SELLING IT FOR ME. IS THIS TRUE?
No. The transaction is still a private sale. Many sellers find the easiest and quickest way to sell their bike is by helping their buyers obtain financing to complete the sale. Only an authorized Harley-Davidson® dealer can offer financing through the H-D Rider-to-Rider Financing Program. Let us do the work for you so you can easily complete your sale and get your money faster.
AS A BUYER, WHY WOULD I BE INTERESTED IN THE RIDER-TO-RIDER PROGRAM?
Through H-D Rider-to-Rider Financing Program you can acquire the financing necessary to complete your bike purchase. We can offer you competitive financing rates and terms and work with you to customize a solution that best meets your needs. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to receive a complete maintenance check on the bike and all factory warranties will be successfully transferred from the previous owner. You also may be able to include additional H-D® branded products and services (H-D® Extended Service Plan, Parts & Accessories, H-D® MotorClothes) available through us to the financed amount. We will be available to answer any of your questions and provide you expert service on the day of the sale and into the future.
DO BOTH THE BUYER AND SELLER NEED TO BE AT THE DEALERSHIP AT THE SAME TIME TO COMPLETE THE SALE?
Yes. We must visually inspect the motorcycle at the dealership and verify both the buyer’s and seller’s information. The buyer must take delivery of the bike at our dealership.
AS THE SELLER, CAN I ADVERTISE THAT FINANCING IS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE RIDER-TO-RIDER PROGRAM?
Yes, you can advertise that financing is available on your motorcycle through this program. This is a great way to expand the pool of potential buyers. You can also include the link to this webpage in your ad to encourage customers to apply, HeritageHarley.com/Private
IS THIS PROGRAM ONLY FOR HARLEYS?
Yes, this program is for Harley-Davidson motorcycles. If you have another make motorcycle you’re looking to sell, complete our CASH OFFER FORM as we’d love the opportunity to make an offer on your ride. We buy Harley-Davidson motorcycles outright as well as motorcycles from Indian, Honda and more!
Questions? Contact Us
**The Harley-Davidson Rider-to-Rider Financing Program is offered through Eaglemark Savings Bank (ESB), a subsidiary of Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS) at participating Harley-Davidson Dealerships.