Stop Dreaming, Start Riding
Now has never been a better time to learn how to ride a motorcycle. The Harley-Davidson Riding Academy New Rider Course gives you all you need to get your license on the road in no time. The Riding Academy at Heritage Harley-Davidson is open to everyone, whether you currently ride a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle or not.
New Rider Course
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- When you complete our programs, you receive a State Endorsement. All tests are completed on-site.
Skilled Rider Course
You’ll learn advanced tips and techniques to help you own the road. Control at low speeds, Risk management, Limited-space maneuvers, Cornering judgment, Swerving and stopping quickly on straights and in curves, Multiple curve maneuvers and surmounting objects. When you’re done, you’ll not only ride with more confidence than ever, you’ll earn your MSF RCSM 2 card that may qualify you for a discount on motorcycle insurance.
Requirements: Must possess a motorcycle with a valid registration and proof of insurance. Must be an experienced rider.
Start with Jumpstart, a motorcycle mounted to a stable platform; it cannot move. You will be given helpful pointers and then you will be guided through safely mounting the motorcycle and operation of the primary controls.
You will be guided through starting the engine, operating the controls (including the throttle!), and then you will have a chance to run through the gears. Shifting will be explained and you will have the opportunity to learn in a low risk, low pressure, environment. Jumpstart is free to use and you can give it a try just about any time.
BOOK A FREE JUMPSTART SESSION
WHAT WILL I NEED TO REGISTER?
You’ll need a valid automobile driver’s license or learner’s permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle.
DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL GEAR?
You’ll need to bring the following:
- Full-fingered gloves
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants with no holes
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- D.O.T. approved motorcycle helmet
WHAT BIKE WILL I RIDE?
For the riding portion you will ride a Harley-Davidson Street 500 Motorcycle.